Mamas! Who has super sore, tired feet!?!? I sure do!
My first few steps in the morning from bed to the bathroom haven been excruciating. It felt like I was walking on glass, as if my bones were going to shatter with each shuffle I took.
As of today I'm 30 weeks pregnant and I've gained 11 kilos (24.2 lbs), which brings me to a very ripe 69 kilos (151 lbs). My feet are well and truly feeling the effects of the weight gain because I've never weighed this much.
Here are the things that I've tried the last few weeks and recommend for anyone else out there struggling with sore tootsies:
1. Birkenstocks : BEST purchase so far! It has been a scorching hot summer here in Queensland and I've been wearing flip flops daily (with ZERO support) which have been perpetuating the problem. These have a cradle for your feet that include tons of arch support. The moment I slipped them on it felt like I was walking on clouds. They sit next to the edge of my bed and I slip them on from the moment I wake up. They might not be the most fashionable, but I couldn't care less. I ADORE these sandals. I purchased them from The Iconic and got free next day delivery!
2. Physio spiky ball : I've been sitting on the couch in the evenings and rolling my feet on the spiky ball. Read more about the benefits of self love for the feet.
3. Nike Studio strap : (See photo above)
I started wearing these to yoga when I teach classes. They are fantastic for pilates and yoga because you can practice without a mat. I find them particularly nice lately when barefoot just isn't cutting it on hardwood floors.
4. Foot massage from the hubby! That is a given.
5: Compression socks : I wore these for a week or two when my feet were especially tender. I felt like I was in a Britney Spears video at bedtime, but it was worth it.
6. Putting my feet up : Taking some time in afternoon to elevate my feet help considerably as well.
Rest up mamas!!!
Yo, I'm Erica
I'm Erica: a globe trotting Pinterest addict, sushi enthusiast, craft beer drinker, yogini, wife and mum.... not in that order.