If you have been following along for a while, you'd would know that I'm new to this low-tox wellness journey. Unfortunately, it all started after my daughter was born. I still cringe thinking about all the chemical laiden rubbish I rubbed on my stomach in an attempt to avoid stretch marks. The things you learn, hey?
"Low- Tox" is a term that is very on trend at the moment and was coined by none other than Alexx Stuart, author of Low Tox Life. If you have not purchased this book yet, please do yourself a favour and START here. This book will lay it all out for you and it's the perfect stepping stone to start furthering your education about chemicals in the home, plastics, the war on waste and how you can lower your toxic exposure in surprisingly easy steps.
My husband came across an article shared by Dr. Rhonda Patrick on Twitter about air pollution and mortality in the New England Journal of Medicine. Studies have shown that long term expose to air pollution increases mortality. As a young family that just moved to Australia's busiest and most congested city, we were on board to keep our home as clean as possible in anyway we tangibly could.
After many hours of research, probably 5 or more reading and investing, my husband came to me with his I think we should invest in an air purifier pitch. He had already sent me all the medical journals and research papers and I was on board 100%. The next predicament was, which brand do we choose?
Here are a few things that helped us decide to go with Inovaair, "where clean air comes first."
1. Inovaair is an Aussie made and Aussie run company!
2. Recycles the air five times per hour in a 100 square foot room.
3. It doesn’t use an ioniser, so it’s just straight air filtration, no ozone emitted at all.
4. It’s in an all metal casing, so there is no plastic.
5. It has a 6 kilo (13 lb) activated charcoal filter, which was the biggest we could find on the market. We wanted to eliminate VOCs and our main focus was to eliminate gasses/pollution from our home since we live near a very busy highway. Air purifiers cannot eliminate harmful gasses from the air unless they have a carbon filter.
6. The reviews for their products were simply outstanding. There are over 240 to read and review, and I recommend having a look.
7. No bells and whistles, digital touch screens and fancy-schmancy nonsense.
8. Living in Sydney, it was only a 1-2 day delivery (Adelaide 2-3 days, Perth 4-5days).
9. The filters last 2-3 years (discount on replacement filters are offered when making your purifier purchase).
We started with the Airclean E20 Plus and then we loved it so much that we decided to get two more small filters for the bedrooms. Why? While the E20 can filter the entire town home, we wanted to have a small filter in the bedroom because it's where we spent approximately 8 hours of our day! And, we usually sleep with the doors closed, so it made sense to purchase another. We put one in our bedroom and one in our daughter's bedroom to keep our health as optimal as possible. They work so well: they eliminate odours in minutes, we no longer have dust bunnies, we haven't been sick and we don't need to open the doors for "fresh air." I am so thrilled we decided to take this low-tox plunge and invest in the very air we breathe in our sanctuary of a home.
Hope you found that interesting! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to comment below or send me an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This little corner of the internet is for non-yoga topics like motherhood, low-tox living and green beauty products I love.